Power Hungry Performance Hydra Chip for Ford Powerstroke 7.3L 1994-2003
The Hydra Chip includes 17 total memory slots for tuning presets (15 tuning presets, NO START, and MODULE BYPASS) to get the most performance and efficiency out of your truck no matter where or how you are driving! On the old, 6-position knob-style chip, you could never tell what preset you were running unless you counted the knob's clicks. On the new Hydra Chip, you can always see what tuning program you are running with its convenient green LED switchbox. Using the up and down buttons on the switchbox, you can change your tuning preset on the fly. Don't forget we also offer optional billet aluminum flush mounts for a clean OE install into your dash.
When you purchase the Hydra Chip, you will have the ability to load 15 specific tunes for your truck make/year. The Software program is a FREE Download. This Download will allow access to the complete inventory of PHP Standard 7.3L Tunes all at no additional charge. Tunes for modifications like injectors or dual pumps aren't included. The USB connection on the Hydra Chip itself will allow you to load tuning presets to your chip without having to take it to a dealer or send it back to us! Just plug it into your computer and download your selections, even while installed on the PCM.
This feature is especially helpful if you order a custom tune from a custom tuning company--they can email you the file (which is specific to your serial number) and you can install it yourself from the comfort of your home! Your Hydra comes with the USB extension cable adapter, you can even plug your laptop into the chip from your cab while it is still installed in your truck!
- Hydra Chip package includes the chip, digital switch, ribbon cable, and USB cable.
- Free 6ft extension cable included as well with your order.
- 17 TOTAL EMPTY POSITIONS including built-in Module Bypass (for diagnostics or emissions testing) and No-Start
- Easy to read TWO DIGIT removable display switch that mounts on any flat surface for maximum convenience
- Program/reprogram the chip using the optional USB extension cable and bracket
- Supports most competitors’ calibrations for a variety of tunes available on one chip
- Fully compatible with PATS-equipped vehicles
- Update and Reprogram ONLINE using our FREE HydraFlash™ software
- Choose from our extensive library of standard calibrations - Tunes for modifications like injectors or dual pumps aren't included
- Program and Verify ONE or MORE positions with one click
- Program calibrations in ANY POSITION(s) — or leave ANY positions blank!
- A single position takes less than 20 seconds to Program and Verify
- Read the factory PCM calibration directly through the chip
- Print out your own customized calibration list
- Update chip online with new features as they become available
- Custom Tune Available separately from top tuners like: 1023 Diesel, Jelibuilt, Dan K, Tony Wildman, GearHead, John Wood and many more.
*Please be sure to read the Terms and Conditions for electronic items at checkout as they apply to this item.
56 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Easy to program and easy to install and works amazing
Excellent, as described, easy install, easy to load programs. Love the tunes and really makes my 7.3L perform. Looking into custom tunes later. But for now the ones that I have now work great. Thanks, Great Product.
Best 300 I’ve spent on a striker yet!!!! Really brings the truck to an enjoyable drive that is fuel efficient. If you can keep it off the floor.
Great price on the PHP HYDRA and great shipping. Sometimes free shipping means they will get to it when they feel like it. Not from these guys, shipped the same day I ordered it, and I had it two days later. Great experienced, I will be back to find more parts I need in the future.
Best chip for my truck love the selection fast shipping from Riff-raff diesel
Operates as described and it came with cable that allows you to refresh chip without removing the chip again. I’m using Wildman tunesmith mine and so far so good.
The download part was the most difficult for me because I'm not on the computer much but once I figured out the codes it was pretty easy. The silicone on the terminals was a tedious job but not bad. I am very impressed with the performance of this old 99 7.3 with 282,000 miles. It turned it into a whole different animal! Very pleased.
Easy install, easy user interface, great power increase