Garrett PowerMax GT3788VA Stage 1 Turbo 2003
- Features the Garrett® patented Advanced Variable Nozzle Turbine (AVNTTM) design for increased compressor flow and boost response
- Utilizes nine movable vanes which significantly increase turbine efficiency and improve engine performance from idle launch through peak torque
- Patented integral electro-hydraulic actuation and proportional solenoid for infinitely variable control
- Larger compressor wheel over stock increases maximum power range while keeping turbo speeds down for the same power output
- Supports up to an additional 175 HP over stock with no sacrifice in drivability
- Suitable as a performance upgrade or replacement for original equipment
- Outline interchangeable for a perfect fit each and every time
Model years 2003 (PN 777469-5002s) built 9/29/03 and before, 2004-2007 (PN 772441-5002s) 6.0L Power Stroke engine
* To ensure accuracy on 2004 models it is recommended that you check your build date. Any truck built prior to 9/29/03 will require a 2003 turbo.
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Not a fan of this turbo for towing. This is a good turbo to hot rod a truck but its terrible for towing, a least with mine. It has way too much lag and all the power is too high in the RPM range. My EGT's are out of control (1275-1350) when towing if I set the tune to have any reasonable response. If I set it for max EGT of ~1100 then the truck won't get out of its own way due to lag. I also cannot hold speed in high gear when towing. It either likes 50mph or 80 mph but nothing in between . My truck is lifted with stock gearing and 38" tires which certainly adds to the issue but the stock turbo worked just fine for me
I bought this a little over a year ago now and its running strong. My only complaint is it is not polished like in the picture. Overall the best deal I could find and super fast shipping. Great product.
As the Norm you can't beat a NEW Garrett Turbo !! And Riff Raff.
Great product, very happy with the outcome! Great service and fast shipping. Riff raff diesel was excellent to deal with!!
Ordered turbo at 6:00am wed morning and Thursday afternoon 2:00 pm it was on my porch.impressive response time.well packaged shipping.turbo was a drop in unit no issues and performs as expected.waiting on new tunes to optimize performance.
great replacement for the standard turbo on the 6.0.works very good and the price was great,will buy from riffraff again. thanks