Complete Fuel Bowl Reseal Kit for Ford 7.3L Diesel (94-97)
This complete o-ring kit supplies you with all 10 of the necessary Viton o-rings for the 1994.5/1995 models and 11 of the necessary Viton o-rings for the 1996/1997 7.3L diesels:
- O-rings for the 7.3 fuel drain valve stem; Black or Blue
- O-rings for the Water in Fuel sensor
- O-ring for the Fuel Heater / Thermostat connector
- All O-rings for the Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fuel Drain Valve o-rings: A set of 2 High Quality Fluorosilicone MilSpec M25988/2 O-rings for the Fuel in Water drain valve and 1 Viton O-ring for the valve stem. For the drain valves on both the 1994.5-1997 trucks and vans along with the 1999-2003 trucks and vans.
The 96-97 fuel bowls have a slightly different configuration on the Pressure Regulator and fuel bowl fittings from the 94-95 canisters but are extreamly similar. Please note that the instuction sheet is written using a 94.5-95 fuel bowl but has pictures and explanations for the 96-97 bowls. The kit contains all of the o-rings needed for either the 94.5-95 or the 96-97 fuel bowl assemblies. Order of 1 is a set of 12 o-rings, only use the o-rings necessary for your model. We have included an extra o-ring for the regulator filter cap for the 96-97 models since it is very easy to cut this o-ring during the re-assembly process so this will allow you a 2nd try if it leaks.
Choices of Types of Drain Valve o-rings
- Black Viton bi-monometer compound-Viton (A)
- Blue MilSpec M25988/2 Fluorosilicone.
Differences between the black Viton (A), Brown Viton (B) or the Blue Fluorosilicone fuel drain o-rings sold on this page:
- The black Viton o-rings are polymerized from two monomers, vinylidene fluoride and hexafluoropropylene (Viton type A). The low temp flexibility of Viton(A) is -2deg F but will continue to perform well in our type of service at a much lower temperature (-20 F).
- The Blue Fluorosilicone elastomer is a Military Specification material that has a much wider temperature range than Viton (A) or Viton (B) and is widely used where fuel contains corrisive agents that are found in ULSD. Bio and veggie fuels. They will stay flexible in artic conditions down to -70º F and can withstand temperatures in excess of 400 F.
15 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Product fit like it was made for it. Best part is the on line directions so an average motivated person can sucessfully reseal fuel bowl
Great product, I always return to this same seller for all my other OBS needs.
Riffraff has great service.
Good price and product. Everything you need plus extra for fuel bowl
Very happy with these guys quality parts best price around
I ordered this with the blue orings for the drain valve. Took the fuel bowl apart cleaned everything and installed all the new orings and I have no more leaks. I have never had a problem with anything I have ordered from riff raff excellent customer serivce.
I have not one complaint. every o ring I needed plus some. Shipping was fast I'll be purchasing more products from riff raff
All the o rings were there and a sheet of paper to help you figure out which o rings is what. Helped me a lot when replacing my lift pump. I would recommend this kit.
In search for the valley of leakes cure this kit made my list. 1997 1st total clean and re-seal on 2nd fuel bowl. I added the blue drain valve rings to complete the kit. While out I also replaced all the lines and clamps with riffraff parts. When your done be sure to double check the plugs...even the plugs you did not disconnect.
I got all the parts i needed and then some, another great experience with riffraff